Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Crappie Mother's Day

This has truly been a wonderful day of relaxation. My sweet boys (husband and son) made me an omelet with enough ham and peppered bacon to feed the state of Georgia to start things off. This was followed by a huge cup of coffee laced with butter and creamer. We did absolutely nothing for a couple hours before heading to my aunt's lake for a picnic lunch and fishing.

We spent hours just eating, sipping wine, and pulling crappie out of the water. Crappie are fish by the way. I'm a country girl (although with a mix of hippie) so I don't know if that's common knowledge.

Maybe. But then again, it bewilders me people don't eat biscuits all over the US.
Crappie probably is a southern name for these particular fish. I'm having a hard time picturing a man in Connecticut saying , "Let's go catch some crappie!"
Yeah, you pronounce it just like you had a crappy day.

I, however, didn't have a crappy day. I hope yours was wonderful too.

No comments:

Post a Comment