Monday, April 22, 2013

A Breakfast Solution On The Go

I'm fortunate to work four days a week, although it seems to make Tuesday through Friday more hectic working longer hours. One of my biggest stumbling blocks in eating well is breakfast. On a regular basis I tote three eggs to work that I nuke once there. It gets boring though. Plus I've heard over eating one thing can lead to sensitivities. I don't know.

So today before I made the grocery run, I pondered how to shake things up this week. I came across some meatball recipes and went from there. I ended up with meatballs with some veggies hidden inside. I'm happy and think you and your family will like them as well.

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 package no preservatives sausage
Diced onion to taste
Two handfuls of dry slaw mix

Preheat oven to 375

I mashed and smashed all ingredients by hand. Make sure everything seems equally distributed.

I rolled the mixture into balls about the size of golfballs.

I placed them in the oven for 15 minutes and then broiled them on low for maybe 3-4 minutes. Perfectly browned.

I sampled one and bagged the rest for the fridge. One less thing to stress about!



No comments:

Post a Comment