Monday, March 11, 2013

Pretty Healthy Muffins

I can't do justice in describing how yummy my kitchen smells right now. What's the smell? Read on, you'll be glad you did.

It's rainy today and I've had a hankering for muffins the past few days. Great time to experiment. I'm not a veteran cook; really began cooking a little over a year ago when we went paleoish or real food. My baking skills are even less developed.

But I've been experimenting here and there with lots of guidance using other people's recipes found online. Today I made banana, cranberry, blueberry muffins. My friend, Ms. G.F. Bisquick, made it simple.

In the future I hope to learn to bake totally from scratch, but this feels like an accomplishment right now. And the naturally sweet blend of flavors make me want to do them every week!

Here's the how to:

Preheat oven 375 degrees
Gather: 1 1/4 cups Gluten Free Bisquick, 1 egg beaten, 3 tablespoons melted butter, 3 tsp vanilla,2 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp brown cane sugar, 7 tbsp milk, 1 ripened mashed banana, handful dried cranberries & blueberries. Muffin tin and liners.

Mix all the above ingredients with a fork until well blended. Batter will be a thick, sticky consistency. Fill the lined muffin tins to just below the top. Bake for 15 minutes. The tops will be slightly browning. Remove and let sit for 5 minutes and then cool out of the pan.

This makes 5 regular sized muffins. I made the first batch to test- after trying I immediately made a second batch to freeze. They won't last long, for sure.

Hope y'all enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment