Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Sex and the Six Year Old


"So today's the last day you'll ever be five. Isn't that wild? You'll be six tomorrow."

"Lucy told me she is sex today. I told her the word was sexy, not sex."

At this point I'm trying to figure out what in the world prompted him to tell me this. I guess "six" is close enough for any male?
It's just their DNA.

"I think Lucy just wants to know she's beautiful. Maybe next time she says it you can tell her sexy is an adult word and she's more than that- tell her she's beautiful to you."

"I will Mamma because she is."

Parenting is on the fly. Kids are always listening and learning from you and how you react to the world. Maybe this conversation is one brick of a thousand to build a wonderful young man.

(Note: I did change the little girl's name. And he truly does adore her.)

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had that quick of a good response lol. He will grow up to be a great guy, how could he not? :)

    ReplyDelete